The lighthouse at Hartland Point was built in 1874 and is now a grade II listed building. It was lit for the first time by Lady Stucley of Hartland Abbey during the opening ceremony on 1 July 1874, it was fully automated in 1984 and marks the western limit of the Bristol Channel. The lighhouse sits in one of the most dramatic stretches of the North Devon coast consisting of towering cliffs and isolated beaches. Seen here as the light fades at sunset with Lundy Island on the horizon. Hartland Point. North Devon. April 2018
Location: Hartland Point. North Devon.
Photographer: Andrew Wheatley